Pain is temporary. But quitting lasts forever.
- Lance Armstrong
Last night, straight off dinner and drinks with friends at Ricotti, I zoomed straight to Macritchie Reservoir for a meet-up for another round of midnight riding. The initial trip to the rendezvous point was straightforward enough. An easy negotiation through River Valley Road, cutting into Grange and Tanglin area before zipping across Holland Roading leading into Farrer and in the end Lornie Road.
When I reached the carpark, it was clear that I have the F1 turbo-charged vehicle. Some of em are using single-speeds and what-the-hell full suspension?? We decided to head down to Mandai, grab some nasi lemak and head back to Macritchie. In a pack of 5 covering one lane, we took it rather easy, well for me at least cos I didn't have to push as much on the ascents as much as my steel-framed equipped buddies. I think they got a better workout than me, which made me kinda jealous.
Nasi lemak was fantastic and I wished I know how to get to that place again. This is the second time I headed towards Mandai during the wee hours of the morning. I took timing for the first part of the trip:
Time: 2:44:31
Calories burned: 1478 kcal
Max HR: 102 %
Avg HR: 65 %
Till the next ride. I hope I'll hit 200 km before the month ends. Coming back to my apartment, I saw a group of people being questioned by the police. They must be from the club nearby. I think riding is far better for the soul on a friday night.
No comments:
Post a Comment